People often ask what my pulled pork recipe is at the markets. So I have given you all the ingredients and the instructions on how to cook what I make for you at the markets :)
· 1.8 to 2kg Pork neck, cut into big squares. (we use leg roasts for our market pulled pork)
· 2 tablespoons olive oil
For the Dry Rub
· 1 tablespoon brown sugar
· 1 tablespoon paprika (not smoked)
· 1 teaspoon onion powder
· 2 teaspoons garlic powder
· 2 teaspoons sea salt
· 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin
· 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
· 2 teaspoons chilli powder
· 1 teaspoon dry mustard
· 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
For the Sauce
· 1 cup BBQ sauce (store bought)
· 1 cup Tomato Sauce
· 1/4 cup brown sugar
· 2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
· 1/2 cup chicken stock
1. In a small bowl, combine all the dry rub ingredients. Mix well and set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together all the sauce ingredients.
3. Season the pork pieces all over with the dry rub.
4. Turn the pressure cooker to "saute"(or fry in a pan). Add the oil and allow it to get hot. Add some of the pork to the pot making sure you do not overcrowd the pot. Brown the meat for about 5 minutes, turning the pork to all sides. Transfer the first batch of cooked meat to a plate and continue to brown the rest of the pork.
5. Return all the meat to the pot and pour over the sauce. Toss well making sure the meat is well coated. Close the lid. If using a pressure cooker set the timer to 90 minutes, otherwise if using a slow cooker turn it to auto and cook for at least 6hrs.
6. Remove the pork from the Pressure cooker (or slow cooker) transfer the pork to a bowl.
7. Reduce the sauce by heating on a frypan or (saute on the pressure cooker) wait until the sauce thickens. Use as much or as little as you want.